At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
for our location in Stockholm, Sweden
The main objective of the Software Engineer is to develop the platform odometry and to maintain and develop this according to the requirements together with the platform team and product owner.
- Design and develop functionality according to the standards.
- Perform technical analysis of the solution and apply changes to existing odometry solution.
- Make the correction of Change Request to improve the quality of the product/solution
- Understand the core of the HW platform to utilize the platform in the best way for the applications that is using this
- Develop changes and demonstrate that minor updates are compliant with existing standards regulating the project.
- Use and improve the test and verification environment for the odometry solution.
- Align with ETCS System Product Owners, Safety Engineering and the Onboard Architect the overall Onboard Technical Solution.
- Document the solution and used algorithms according to RCS processes and CENELEC standards
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent knowledge and/ or experience working with odometry and/or speed sensors, preferably in transportation industry.
- Experience of ERTMS or other safety-critical systems is highly valued.
- Good knowledge and/or experience in Railway Signalling safety and/or railway CENELEC norms, is considered a plus
- Relevant experience working with continuous integration and continuous development (complete development tool chain).
- Easy to understand SW and HW, and their interconnection.
- Knowledge of and experience with general IT tools (Windows 7 or 10, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio
- Good knowledge of job-specific tools (Synergy/RTC, Doors, C, C++, Unix/Linux others may apply) is an advantage.
- English language skills required.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a dynamic business environment.
- Excellent communication and customer orientation skills.
- Willingness to travel (nationally and international).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Ansök senast 2019-10-12
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com