Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Planner
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Supply Chain Planner and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Västerås.
As a Supply Chain Planner, you will be responsible for ensuring that the production and delivery planning for projects is aligned, accurate and available on time, taking full ownership for planning and supply chain execution within the Operations of one or more projects and/or production lines. The Supply Chain Planner acts as a representative in interactions with Project Management and Bid Management on customer demand, planning, using and influencing their input to establish production schedules, labor loading and capacity requirements that meet our on-time delivery, productivity and inventory targets.
The Supply Chain Planner has the responsibility to ensure that materials are provided according to schedules, to provide input for management and to interface with procurement, production, quality and manufacturing engineering.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Use all available tools to ensure an accurate forecast and positively influence forecasts to reduce stock holding and increase production stability;
- Retrospectively review accuracy of forecast and identify variance to the plan, understanding the impact on materials, production and financials (cash flow/profit);
- Conduct the Master Production Scheduling for Operations and translate it to the detailed planning for the production lines;
- Contribute to the development of the Planning function towards full implementation of Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) through own and shared continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration;
- Experience in a Supply Chain function that includes demand, supply and inventory planning, Operations Management, or equivalent;
- A proven track record and at least 3-5 years’ experience in forecasting and project and/or production planning;
- Work experience in rail industry or similar industries would be a plus;
- Comprehension of Project Management and Finance;
- Knowledge of integrated ERP systems, SAP, Baan platforms and Excel;
- Fluency in English and Swedish would be desirable.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Strategic Planning
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Ansök senast 2019-08-22
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org