At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a System Engineer in our Signalling business unit and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Stockholm, Sweden.
System Engineers are the pillars of our Onboard organization within Bombardier Transportation. You will be working alongside experienced engineers to shape solutions and customer features. Your passion for solution excellence, innovation as well as your logical mind are therefore keys to be successful in this role.
- Identify customer needs through close collaboration with the customer;
- Write, analyse, validate, verify, and manage system requirements as well as define the system context and interfaces;
- Support the Product Owner on system solutions and product selection;
- Support designers, integrators, testers, validators, and homologation;
- Define processes, products, and tools.
- Master Degree in Computer Science or other equivalent education (e.g. Engineering)
- At least 5 years of experience in railway signalling processes and solutions;
- Extensive knowledge of functionality and architecture of railway systems, especially ERTMS/ETCS;
- Extensive knowledge of how customers operate signalling systems and products and which operational and functional needs the systems shall satisfy;
- Proven track record with safety-critical embedded systems;
- Knowledgable on product lifecycle according to CENELEC standards;
- Understanding of railway vehicles and their interfaces to onboard systems will be considered a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative. You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions. We strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity. We judge people based on their performance and we strive to allow every employee to reach their full ability.
Bombardier Transportation is world leading in Onboard Signalling System development and contributes to push the technical limits of the Europe wide ERTMS signalling network. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, working with some of the world’s best experts, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses and helping people to get where they need to be.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Your ideas move people.
Job: Advance Engineering
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org