At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a System Engineer and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Västerås.
As a System Engineer, you will be responsible to describe the complete system electrically in collaboration with fellow engineers, to perform performance calculations and to prepare and execute system tests.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform requirement analysis;
- Design, configure and integrate propulsion system solutions;
- Conduct performance calculations;
- Adaptions of MATLAB/Simulink/SimScape/PLECS models to address specific requirements;
- Verify and validate propulsion system design through simulations;
- Verify and validate of propulsion systems through testing in power lab and on vehicle;
- Create, update and release documents such as vehicle performance reports, system concept document, system circuit diagram;
- Supporting parallel projects with reviews and participate in the department's development.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Solid understanding of electrical power or propulsion systems;
- Experience from electrical power system testing is beneficial;
- Experience from MATLAB/Simulink/SimScape/PLECS or similar graphical modelling and simulation tools is beneficial;
- Good communication and social skills, team player.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Ansök senast 2019-10-12
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org