System Safety Engineer
System Safety Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a System Safety Engineer and be a part of an open-minded team sharing a passion for safe and sustainable rail transportation!
You will be based in our offices at the waterfront of Liljeholmen in Stockholm, Sweden, the leading engineering site of Bombardier's Rail Control Solutions division.
*** YOUR ROLE ***
As a System Safety Engineer, you will develop a great understanding of the complex functionality of our rail signalling solutions, and by analysing the system from a product safety perspective you will contribute to safe and sustainable mass transit. You will contribute to the technical solution by ensuring compliance with the latest regulatory and functional requirements.
The System Safety Engineer provides leadership in the development project in order to ensure that all safety aspects are considered and is a key player in the interaction with customers, validators, third party certifiers and other stakeholders.
You will work closely with the systems engineers in the design work, and together with the SW-, HW- and test engineers in the cross-functional design team.
*** YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES ***
- Performing safety and risk analysis to evaluate the product safety of different system solutions.
- Develop safety mitigation strategies together with the system engineers
- Creation of safety-related documentation, such as safety plans, hazard analysis, FTA, FMECA and related tasks to build up the safety case of a product
- Maintaining and following up the hazard database for designated products
- Safety support for implementers, designers, integrators, testers, validators and homologation
- Define and carry out safety-related activities necessary for the project based on established processes
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company’s processes and best practices in the area of systems safety
- Together with the design team making sure that the necessary safety activities and the related documentation are completed on time and in right quality for the safety approval of the system
*** YOUR PROFILE ***
- Relevant engineering degree (e.g. Electronics, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering), preferably a Master’s degree
- Safety and system related engineering experience
- Experience of embedded system development according to safety standards such as CENELEC (EN50126, EN50128, EN50129) or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of safety related design processes (Hazard and Operability Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis and Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis, Safety case compilation, Safety Validation and Independent Safety Assessment, etc.)
- Experience with the methodologies for analysing and specifying systems including safe functions
- Experience with specification, documentation and review of complex technical systems including software, firmware and hardware.
- Excellent social, communication and presentation skills
- Good knowledge and experience of safety critical embedded systems
- English at a fluent level in text and speech is mandatory for this role, Swedish fluency is meriting.
*** ABOUT US ***
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Candidate interviews will take place continuously, so don’t wait to apply!
Job: Safety Engineering
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com