Team Leader System & Safety
Team Leader System & Safety
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Team Leader System & Safety in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our location at the waterfront in Stockholm, Liljeholmen is the leading engineering site of Bombardier's Rail Control Solutions division. The site has long experience of signal technology, supplies control and signal system solutions provided globally. We offer a friendly, professional and multinational work environment.
Purpose of the Job
In this role, you will, as a line manager, lead a team of System and Safety Engineers responsible for key signalling solutions within Bombardier.
We are looking for an engineer with the capability of leading a team of highly skilled system and safety engineers as well as contributing with system and safety development activities of industrial real-time embedded products. You will be responsible for coaching and developing the team competence as well as the team’s tools and methods, to constantly strive for increased quality and improved engineering efficiency.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure personal growth and development of team members through coaching and mentoring.
- Improve and clarify system and safety related processes and support the team in reaching the deadlines of the ongoing projects using agile/lean methodologies.
- Increase and maintain the safety awareness within the team and across the department.
- Salary reviews and performance reviews, including goal setting and continuous feedback for each team member.
- Secure knowledge transfer from senior to junior engineers.
- Team resource planning, including hiring of staff and temporary work force.
- Coordinate activities and resources with other engineering groups.
- Contribute to the development activities within the functional area (i.e. architecture definition, requirement management, change management, design support, work package lead or specific system or safety related tasks).
- Relevant engineering degree (e.g. Electronics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering) preferably a master’s degree.
- Proven experience of requirement management, System and/or Safety Engineering.
- Technical experience working with complex systems and projects.
- Experience of development according to safety standards such as CENELEC (EN50126, EN50128, EN50129) or equivalent.
- Knowledge of safety engineering processes (Hazard and Operability Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis).
- Knowledge of engineering leadership.
- Knowledge of signalling railway systems is preferable.
- Experience of DOORS or other requirement management systems is a plus.
- English at a fluent level, Swedish will be considered a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Safety Engineering
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org