Traction Motor Electrical Engineer
Traction Motor Electrical Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Traction Motor Electrical Engineer in our Västerås facility.
In this role, you will perform design activities that lead to development of traction motors and drive systems. You will support other project participants and functions, share knowledge with other colleagues, communicate with internal and external customers and suppliers. You will also perform investigations and propose improvements to traction motors and drive systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform electrical calculations for Traction Motor and its components
- Create project and design related documentation
- Plan and define V&V and analyse customer documentation and specific requirements
- Work with supply management, specify part properties and assess supplier capabilities
- Support warranty and service departments
- Perform investigation of parts and products related to drive system, write reports and contribute to root cause analysis
- Transfer knowledge on other team members and represent department at technical meetings with internal and external partners
- Contribute to or lead invention activities and cooperates with R&D Legal during patent submitting process
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent working experience
- Work experience or relevant field of study in Electrical Engineering (traction electrical motors experience is an advantage)
- Knowledge of Catia V5, KISSsoft and/or M-design required
- Experience with calculation and testing of producst is required
- Standard MS business suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Railway technology knowledge is a plus
- Fluency in English (Swedish and French are beneficial)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
If so, apply now at www.careers.bombardier.com and start your dynamic career today!
Together we move.
Job: Mechanical Engineering
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org