Traction Motor Mechanical Engineer
Traction Motor Mechanical Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Traction Motor Mechanical Engineer and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Västerås, Sweden.
As a Traction Motor Mechanical Engineer you will have the responsibility to perform design activities that lead to development of traction motors and drive systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform mechanical and parts calculations for Traction Motor and its components, create 2D drawings and 3D models and maintain project databases;
- Create project and design related documentation, cooperate with internal departments related to specific project tasks;
- Plan and define V&V, cooperate with production engineering on production planning;
- Ensure that lessons learned, and best practices are applied on projects;
- Perform CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamic) simulations on Traction motors in the areas of aero and thermodynamics and acoustics is beneficial and not part of the base;
- Analyse customer documentation and specific requirements management tasks;
- Work with supply management, specify part properties and assess supplier capabilities;
- Communicate with suppliers in technical related tasks;
- Support warranty and service departments. Perform investigation of parts and products related to drive system. Write reports and contributes to root cause analysis;
- Transfer knowledge on other team members, represent department at technical meetings with internal and external partners and consultants;
- Education: bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering;
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in mechanical engineering (traction motor, gear box design);
- Railway technology knowledge and/or experience is beneficial;
- Knowledge of CATIA V5 is mandatory;
- Knowledge of Star CCM+, Actran SW, HyperWorks is beneficial;
- Knowledge of MS Office package;
- Team player, flexible, good communication skills;
- Fluency in English, Swedish is beneficial.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Advance Engineering
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org