Executive Director CER in Brussels
Executive Director - CER in Brussels
Stockholm SJ AB Sista ansökningsdag: 2019-11-08
The Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies (CER) in Brussels is hiring a new Executive Director who is expected to take office in January 2021. The initial mandate will be 3 years, with the possibility of extension.
Recognised as the voice of European railways for more than 30 years, CER’s role is to represent the interests of its members by actively providing an input to EU policy and to support an improved business and regulatory environment for European railway undertakings and infrastructure managers. This is a unique opportunity to lead the most important multinational railway association in the EU and to develop its mission and vision for the future.
Executive Director Profile
The Executive Director is the primary spokesperson of CER and represents the association on behalf of the members and leads the initiatives addressing EU institutions, based on the policy plans adopted by the CER General Assembly. The right candidate will provide an inspiring leadership to the multicultural and multidisciplinary team, develop the association’s high-performance culture, establish a great working relationship with the Management Committee and take the helm for the association’s strategy. Being the spokesperson of the association also implies an ability to position rail strongly vis-à-vis the EU institutions and other stakeholders. The Executive Director will build and maintain a strong network with all important stakeholders and is a bridge-builder inside and outside CER.
The specific tasks and responsibilities include:
- Developing the association’s culture and overall vision and mission
- Developing CER’s strategic plan and annual policy/business plan which are presented to the General Assembly
- Preparing proposals for action or position papers linked to CER’s goals
- Reporting to the CER Management Committee
- Representing CER at formal and informal events with the European institutions and relevant stakeholders
- Coordinating the activities carried out within CER, ensuring that the instructions and decisions of the General Assembly and Management Committee are applied
- Taking all administrative measures needed for the day-to-day management of CER
- Overseeing the association’s budgeting, reporting, auditing and monitoring its compliance with laws and regulations
- Organising, shaping, and running the CER office
- Building alliances and partnerships with other organisations
- Candidates are expected to have the following experience, skills, and qualifications:
- At least five years of professional experience in a senior management position in the transportation sector
- Academic degree (preferably in economics, management, law or engineering)
- Proven lobbying and policy-development experience
- Experience in advising and/or supporting the development and implementation of strategies
- Successful high-level negotiations experience
Proven leadership experience, working with multidisciplinary teams and project management
Proven understanding of the business-oriented environment and related driving forces in the transportation sector
Excellent command of English and at least one additional official EU language
Qualified candidates for this position will need to demonstrate the following critical competences: Inspiring and successful leadership - Strategic orientation – Political and Business acumen - Collaboration & Influencing skills – Excellent communication and campaigning skills - Results Orientation - Capacity to drive Change.
CER was founded in 1988 and is based in Brussels. It is the leading multinational railway association in the European Union, with close to 70 members and partners from EU-28, EU candidate countries, EFTA, and several additional countries. CER is recognised in EU law as a Representative Body and works together with other railway organisations, such as EIM, UIC and UNIFE.
The backbone of environmentally friendly mobility solutions, a promoter of social inclusion, and a large employer, the railway sector has a very important role to play. CER’s team consists of 19 employees who come from across Europe. The association’s working language is English. For more information we refer to: www.cer.be
CER has retained Russell Reynolds Associates to assist with this appointment.
In case you are interested in the role of Executive Director, please send your CV and Motivation Letter in English electronically to:
The closing date for applications is Friday, November 8th 2019
Ansök senast 2019-11-08
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com