Control Test Engineer
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
For our site in Vasteras , Sweden, we are looking for software test engineers to develop and execute in particular integration and overall (validation) tests for the whole propulsion control system. The control system can be very a complex system with hard requirements on redundancy, reliability and safety, whichs put a need for the tester to gain a good understanding of the whole propulsion system.
The tester may also participate on testing or commissioning of the system both in powerlab and on trains. We also foresee the need of the tester to be able to act at test leader and on a longer perspective as verifier and/or validator.
In most cases the testing is developed and executed in our simulation environments, which can be within the tool suit from MathWorks or the “Hardware-in-the-Loop” simulator (RTS). On the RTS the controlled propulsion system is simulated while the SW is the real SW running on real control electronics.
All work is done in close cooperation with our teams working as well on test environment and product development as product configuration/development for customer deliveries.
- Write test specifications
- Develop and execute test cases, primarily integration and overall tests (system validation)
- Evaluate, analyze and document test results
- Define and execute e.g. exploratory test
- Plan and coordinate testing in the project, possible with testers on other locations
- Continuous improvements of the V&V activities and the test team.
- MSc within electro, engineering physics, robotics/mechatronics or similar
- Testing, simulation and modelling, real time systems
- Electrical propulsion systems, control theory and signal processing
- Experience within test development and methodology is a plus
- Good understanding of English, both spoken and written
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.