Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Firmware Engineer in Stockholm, SWEDEN. We have a diverse team with people from various backgrounds, and a great team spirit in place, waiting for you to join them: don’t wait, apply today!
Purpose of the job is to take part in development and maintenance of onboard and wayside signaling products. The Hardware Team is developing and maintaining train onboard safety systems which includes all Hardware sub-systems for onboard and wayside products. As a Firmware Engineer you will bring your contribution to the products development which involves HW/FW components and systems with design and testing.
- Design, Implementation and Verification of Firmware (VHDL) for different systems and platforms.
- Analyze faulty products or problem in production through Hardware and System verification.
- Participate in process improvements and evaluation of new technologies.
- Identification of stakeholder requirements.
- Documentation according to Alstom processes and tools.
Our ideal candidate must have:
- Master’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or related area.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering with 3+ year of experience in the domain.
- Digital Design with VHDL in FPGAs (Quartus II, Xilinx ISE/Vivado, Modelsim, …).
- A first experience of Electronic development.
- C programming or other scripting programming languages (e.g. Python) is a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.