ITC Test Leader Onboard
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
Purpose of the job
The T&C Leader is responsible for the management and successful completion of the T&C activities related to a railway signaling subsystem (e.g. IXL, ATC, DCS, …). This is must be achieved following project strategy, company policies (including EHS, railway safety, local regulation and professional standard) and project QCD targets.
- The T&C leader is responsible, by delegation of the PrCOM, of the test, verification and delivery of a signaling subsystem.
- Organize T&C activities (Planning, Access, Resources allocation, documentation).
- Check compliance of Signaling systems in relation to system specification documents and contractual requirements.
- Independently, apply extensive expertise as a generalist or specialist to meet company standards and customer requirements for the related sub-system
- Develop T&C procedures for his sub-system based on defined specifications for subsystems in area of specialization to meet contractual requirements.
- Interface with Engineering and V&V subsystem leaders for optimizing site tests and sharing competent resources between platform and site test
- Could participate to V&V test in lab, as per request, under the responsibility of the V&V Manager
- Provide technical leadership to individuals or teams for tools, procedure and in resolving problems
- Lead or participate in technical discussions for his subsystem directly with customer and represents / protects the company’s interest
- Report on a regular basis to the Project T&C Manager on progress and issues
- Report on the anomalies arising during site testing and interfaces with engineering team towards to close the anomaly
- Ensure that all design related issues are correctly reported in the adequate tools, including the defect description and associated test context
- Proactive towards development of resources competency to other T&C team members
- Guarantee that all tests are made in full safety.
- Master’s degree in engineering (preferably electronics or embedded systems) or equivalent experience.
- Multiple years of experience in T&C or V&V activities for signaling projects
- Deep knowledge of one or more signaling subsystems
- Interface with V&V, Design, Installation stakeholders
Competencies & Skills
- Able to communicate in an open and clear manner with various stakeholders
- Flexibility and mobility, available for short or long mission in different locations and countries
- Available to work on field also for night shifts
- Rigorous & team player
- Resilience, with an analytic way of thinking in order to solve complex system failures
- Customer satisfaction and results orientated
- Ability to use new technologies and tools
- Driving license
- Good knowledge of English language (read, written, spoken)
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law. Apply now