Manager Platform Implementation
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Manager Platform Implementation at our site in Stockholm Marievik, Sweden
Purpose of the job :
The Manager Platform Implementation will lead software and hardware teams in Stockholm and Västeras. The teams will design state of the art and beyond, technical platforms for Onboard (train control and signaling) and Wayside (wayside central and wayside local).
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring development programs remain within scope, schedule, quality, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project staff from various functional departments.
- Monitor and assign resources appropriately for the Techflo development programs efficiency and maximise deliverable outputs.
- Align necessary team competence/capacity/capability with the Platform Managers and Program Managers
- Create and maintain resource pipelines to supply adequate capabilities
- Ensure, in colaboration with the Platform managers, the QCD of our development programs
- The Manager Platform Implementation reports directly to Tech Center Director.
Competencies & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in leading development teams in embedded systems, preferably signaling systems, experience in the relevant railway specific EN standards
- International working experience required
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- Experience in leading in a matrix organization needed
- Flexibility and international travel to a certain degree required
- Experience in operating in a complex international environment
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.