Manager Traction Control Dynamics
Req ID: 417641
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Alstom in Västerås is one out of three Global Component Development Sites for Powertrain system and components within the Rolling Stock & Components division. Alstom Västerås is also a global Test and Technology Centre for Powertrain Systems as well as a global innovation hub.
Among other things in Västerås we develop powertrain systems including converters, traction motors and the software controlling the complete system, individual subsystems. We also have a PowerLab for large scale validation & verification in-house.
Are you interested in new challenges and want to be part of and lead one of our innovative engineering teams?
If you are looking for a job in an international environment, working with a team of experienced, and experience to be, control theory experts, apply for our exciting
Manager Traction Control Dynamics role at our site in Västerås, Sweden.
The purpose of the role is to manage a team of about 13 engineers working with applied control theory and signal processing for control software functionality and solutions covering both order projects as well as standard control products applied in our traction and auxiliary systems. The team works closely with other local teams such as control and system departments as well as with colleagues around the world. Thus, fostering a prestige less cooperation with others is important.
The team delivers quality and state of the art control functionality for traction and auxiliary systems installed on trains delivered on the global market. The software functionality executes on an inhouse developed control system, mainly using graphical programming tools and based on the Model Based Design methodology. The team is also responsible to provide and maintain “Hardware in the loop” real time simulators for our control systems.
What You’ll Get To Do
- Team Management tasks, e.g. close contact with the team members, workforce planning, performance management, coach career development, succession planning, recruitment, salary reviews.
- Participate in the Traction Control department leadership team working on e.g. Visions and strategies, way of working, continuous improvement, department workload planning, drive for standardized solutions, etc.
- Participate in the management of the product organization handled by the department.
- Close contact with technical project leaders to secure deliveries as committed.
- Responsible for the team to develop and maintain relevant competency and skills
- Ability and interest in leading, developing and challenging the organization, management teams and employees.
You’ll Need To Have
- PhD or MSc in Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer, Robotics, or equivalent
- Multiple years of technical and managerial experience
- Demonstrated flexibility and integrity as well as good communication and leadership skills.
- Experience of applying agile methods for software development.
- Experience of leading a software engineering team in international projects
- Experience of software safety and/or experience from rail applications is an advantage.
- Fluent in Swedish and English at a business level is essential for the job.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.