Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as Project Controller in Västerås, SWEDEN!
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As a Project Controller you will be the co-pilot to the Project Manager (PM) and the single point of contact for all financial topics related to the project. Together with the PM you will drive the project performance to ensure the achievement of the financial goals. This will include providing financial analyses for decision making and contributing to the risk & opportunity management. On project level, you will furthermore lead the budget & forecast processes and ensure that the accounting rules for long-term contracts are followed.
IN YOUR ROLE YOU WILL:
- Provide transparency on the financial situation of the project to the Project Manager (PM) & Project Core Team (PCT).
- Attend PCT meetings and other relevant project meetings.
- Challenge the PCT to ensure successful project execution.
- Together with the PM and PCT, prepare reporting for project reviews including relevant financial analyses.
- Manage the monthly closing process for the project and ensure that project reporting is in line with accounting rules.
- Control project cost, analyse variances and recommend possible courses of action to remedy.
- Contribute to risk and opportunity management by challenging project inputs and recommending possible courses of action to mitigate risk or to achieve opportunities.
- Ensure that project calculations reflect the current status of the project and lead the re-assessment of the project cost assumptions.
- Lead the Budget and Forecast processes on project level and update project planning in the financial systems accordingly.
- Manage the invoicing process, ensuring correct VAT treatment and following up on receivables.
- Drive hedging & bond activities in cooperation with central teams (where applicable).
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders within and outside the finance organization.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent
- Medium work experience in Project Controlling or Business Controlling
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, ERP systems and SAP/BW
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluent English is mandatory, Swedish represents an advantage
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.