Project Engineer Drives
Project Engineer Drives
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Project Engineer Drives and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Västerås, Sweden.
As a Project Engineer Drives, you will be a member of the Drives (Traction Motor and Gearbox) Engineering Organization. The Project Engineer Drives leads and manages the global Drives customer- and R&D projects technically in close cooperation with the other functions. Your responsibilities are from when Bombardier wins a project until it is finally tested and verified according to customer requirements. Your project team will consist of engineers from Europe and Asia and the customers are located world-wide.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage the global DRIVES Projects technically in close cooperation with the engineering design organization;
- Responsible for the communication and evaluation of the technical requirements;
- Manage the allocated projects on time in Budget and SPEC conform;
- Support the PM in defining claims and additional EBR “Engineering budget Requests” in case of service extension;
- Active management and involvement of all necessary functions like Supply Chain Management, Production, Methods to keep the project in time, quality and cost;
- Preparation of the project specific “Engineering Project Plan”;
- Preparation of the “Verification and Validation Plan” as well as the scheduling of the appropriate tests for the validation of the product;
- Preparation of reports and project relevant documents concerning the “Engineering-Project Board”;
- Update of the “Project-Dashboard”;
- Update of the resource planning tool;
- Organization and Implementation of the gate relevant reviews;
- Organization and participation in the monthly project meeting.
- Degree in Engineering, Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, (Preferably Master’s degree);
- At least 3-5 years of experience in similar position /or with similar responsibilities;
- Experience with Project Management complemented by a demonstrated track record of success;
- Naturally lead, guide, advise and share knowledge;
- Out-going, Big drive, Process oriented and have a structured way to work;
- English at a fluent level (Both written and spoken) – Swedish is desirable;
- Prior knowledge in electrical machines/motors or gearboxes are beneficial.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Mechanical Engineering
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Ansök senast 2019-06-16
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org