Senior Safety Engineer
At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 74,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
Could you be the full-time Senior Safety Engineer in Hassleholm we’re looking for?
Your future role
Take on a new challenge and apply your expertise in a new cutting-edge field and work alongside passionate, motivated, and dedicated teammates.
You’ll be responsible to manage, perform and ensure the activities related to safety assurance in the Projects and Programs and deliver safe solutions. Day-to-day, you’ll work closely with teams across the business and certified specialists across technical domains – your tasks will be based on their insight. You’ll undertake product safety and reliability assessments, validation activities and much more.
You’ll specifically take care ofessential safety and reliability analyses for complex, high-risk projects.
We’ll look to you for:
- Coordinate all the Safety Assurance activities on the project / system / product as per Safety process defined in Signalling Safety Instruction
- Defining safety plan and strategy by maintaining the safety workload and planning for the project
- Producing assessments, periodic review, identify and manage hazards
- Perform, manage, and ensure that the activities and safety methodologies, analysis such as FMEA, FTA are applied in project as well as builds safety reports, safety validation reports and safety cases.
- Producing documentation
- Sharing expertise with colleagues and other departments
- Work closely with and external safety stakeholders (independent safety assessors) and defend safety case argumentation; define and follow-up action plans to close the findings of the assessors.
All about you
We value passion and attitude over experience. That’s why we don’t expect you to have every single skill. Instead, we’ve listed some that we think will help you succeed and grow in this role:
- Degree in Electronics, Telecommunications, Software Engineering, Computer science and/or consolidated work experience
- Advanced working experience in safety assurance for safety-related projects/systems or limited working experience in safety assurance for safety-related products together with solid experience in structured R&D project lifecycle.
- Familiarity with industry standards, laws, and regulations (CENELEC/IEC Standards for Functional Safety and/ or AREMA, IEEE)
- Excellent analytical mind-set in understanding of the safety principles of possible safety architectures and requirement management
- Knowledge of HW electrical schemes and knowledge of SW safety architecture is a strong asset
- Proactive, structured, detail-oriented, collaborative, and organized
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to envision the bigger picture and the contribution this role makes to our success
- Very good knowledge of English language (written and spoken) for technical documentation
- Swedish language is preferable.
Things you’ll enjoy
Join us on a life-long transformative journey – the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You’ll also:
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines
- Work with meaning, making a tangible impact
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues
- Contribute to innovative projects
- Utilise our hybrid environment
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning
- Progress towards Safety Manager
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential, plus comprehensive and competitive social coverage (life, medical, pension).
You don’t need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you’ll be proud. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
As a global business, we’re an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 70+ countries we operate in. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone.