Senior Software Engineer
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
If you’re ambitious and team-spirited, this is may be an opportunity for you to build a career as a Senior Software Engineer in Stockholm, Sweden. Be a part of a team shaping the future of modern transportation solutions. Be the one to build safer, faster and more comfortable transportation solutions.
Location: Stockholm / Sweden
Purpose of the job
System Engineers are the pillars of our onboard organization within Alstom. You will be working alongside experienced engineers to shape solutions and customer features. Your passion for solution excellence, innovation as well as your logical mind are therefore keys to be successful in this role. As a senior System engineer in our team you will contribute with the design and realization of our SW product, having ownership of the requirement for software development, supporting and collaborating with developers, testers and product owners.
- Identify customer needs through close collaboration with our stakeholders;
- Analyse, write, verify, and manage SW product requirements;
- Support the Product Owner on system solutions;
- Integrate and support an Agile SW team (Scrum Master, SW Developers, integrators, testers);
- Support the products development strategy and tools.
- Master Degree in Computer Science or other equivalent education (e.g. Engineering);
- Experience in UML and coding (C++);
- Proven experience of working with customer requirements and providing them with possible solutions;
- 5 years of experience in railway signalling processes and solutions is plus or alternatively an experience in similar industries;
- Knowledge of functionality and architecture of railway systems, especially ERTMS/ETCS is a plus;
- Knowledge of safety-critical embedded systems;
- Knowledgeable on product lifecycle and knowledge of CENELEC standards or similar is a plus;
- Experience with SW Test Engineering;
- Fluency in English.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Find similar jobs: Engineering Jobs