Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customized services, infrastructure, signaling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide.
About the role:
You will be part of a highly motivated and productive team developing the next generation rail control systems. You will be working with safety-critical embedded systems and have the possibility to learn a great deal about railway signaling and protocols, the ERTMS- and CENELEC-standards for developing software used in control and protection systems.
For your role as a Software developer/design, you will focus on development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of software written in C and C++ for our signaling solution systems.
- Perform Technical analysis of issues and trouble reports and new requested features.
- Design, implement and integrate new software functionality.
- Maintenance and bug fixes.
- Requirements engineering.
- Root-cause, impact, and safety-analysis.
- Customer support.
- BSc or MSc degree in engineering or computer science or corresponding technical experience.
- 3+ years of work experience in software development is required, ideally for embedded systems.
- Extensive Knowledge and Experience in C/C++ (or similar languages), scripting languages like Python.
- Good knowledge of Linux-based systems and job-specific tools like: Git, GitLab, Gerrit, and Jenkins is considered a plus.
- Experience with agile software development.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive, and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.