System Application Design Engineer
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customized services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where 75,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
What if you could help a leading company create the most efficient and secure digital mobility systems for tomorrow?
We are currently looking for a System Application Design Engineer in Stockholm
- You will be working with ETCS/ERTMS (European Train Control System/European Rail Traffic Management System), as part of the wayside system.
- The main responsibility in the role as IXL Application Design Engineer is to configure parameters in the software of the interlocking system in order to fulfil the railway signalling requirements stated in the Signalling System Configuration.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Railway signaling system design of a specific application with safety requirements.
- Decide about technical solutions related to application design/SW Configuration.
- Follow applicable internal and external railway rules and regulations.
- Create and deliver specific application documentation to secure quality and safety.
- Follow applicable internal procedures for Configuration and Change Management.
- Perform bid estimations.
- Cooperation with employees within the team and department to continuously improve system knowledge and improve way of working.
- Analyse and understand system requirements for the railway signalling system.
Your experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or any other equivalent field or work experience.
- Relevant experience required in a similar role (i.e. directly linked to the requirements of the position/role).
- Safety and system related engineering experience.
- Experience of development according to safety standards such as CENELEC (EN50126, EN50128, EN50129) or equivalent.
- Computer knowledge for example installation of operating systems, drivers and network configuration.
- Relevant experience working with requirements, specifications and documentation of complex technical systems.
- Railway signalling knowledge will be preferred.
- Phyton and Linux knowledge
- Language required Swedish and English.
All internal employees must inform their Line Managers when applying.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
We are acting…
- You actively identify issues and risks and develop correction plans
- You are a problem solver
- You act process minded, data-driven and fact based
- You accept differences
- You excel in collaboration and communication
- You actively support inclusion
- Safety first
- You are all responsible to make it happen
- You adhere to the highest ethics and compliance rules