System Test Engineer
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
We are looking for a System Test Engineer based in Stockholm.
You will take part to major developments by proving the design fits the intended use, through implementation and execution of Verification, Integration and Test activities, ensuring that it meets the required Quality, Cost and Delivery. You will cooperate tightly with Test & Commissioning to ensure seamless integration and alignment between in-house and on-site testing activities and results. Additionally, you will interface with design teams to share and detail the results of Verification & Validation activities.
You will agree with Verification & Validation Manager on strategy, scheduling and budget, and share progress, results and issues during execution.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of the Project Verification and Validation strategy in the V&V Plan
- Define verification methodology for selected deliverables, test plans and test descriptions for in-house activities
- Perform and report on allocated verification, integration and test activities while maintaining the safety assurance
- Interface with experts in other department to align on selected V&V activity methodology
- Represent Alstom in front of customers or partners (i.e overview of test progress, issues, risks and opportunities)
- Specify, procure, develop, setup and configure assets such as testbenches and instrumentation
- Provide data to maintain applicable KPIs and provide valuable feedback for continuous improvement
- Manage configuration and change management cycle related with V&V activities (simulation configuration, anomaly tracking, etc.)
- University degree in engineering
- 3 years’ work experience of system test is preferred
- Experience of signalling systems is highly valued
- Understand and use of system test techniques to specify and execute tests
- Technical experience within system integration and testing in development projects (good understanding of HW and SW interactions within complex system architectures)
- Desirable programming knowledge (experience of some programming language like C, C++, C# or PHP)
- Knowledge of DOORS and Rational Synergy are beneficial
- Swedish and English business fluent
- Willingness to travel up to 10% per year
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. Apply now