Traction Test Engineer
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Join us as a Traction Test Engineer in Västerås, Sweden and you will be looking at a career-defining role.
As a Traction Test Engineer, you will be part of the Engineering team testing electrical traction systems at our Global R&D Centre in Västerås, Sweden.
Working within the engineering team at Alstom, you will be part of defining and validating tomorrow’s traction systems globally.
The transformation towards sustainable mobility drives demand for railway capacity, and we have been the forefront of this journey for decades.
We are expanding our testing facilities and need to onboard engineers that can take on the challenge to test our electrical traction systems. The testing stage is an exciting and dynamic part of our deliveries. It is both challenging and rewarding, and it requires drive and commitment of all team members.
Your key responsibilities?
In this position you will work in our expanding testing facilities in Västerås, where we ensure our state-of-the-art design. You will perform tests of electrical converters for traction and auxiliary systems in our lab. Testing ranges from electrical and thermal to the full performance of the system. The position includes the physical setups of the drivetrain in our lab.
- Perform type, validation, or investigation tests for electrical traction systems.
- Troubleshooting technical setups, both electrically and through software.
- Analyse results and prepare reports.
- Responsible for one testbench, including the electrical safety.
- Following and documenting both guidelines and methods.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, software engineering, mechanical engineering or similar.
- Ability to take responsibility for the electrical setup.
- A combination of great curiosity, eager to learn, and proven ability to get things done.
- You thrive in a team environment, bolstered by interpersonal and communication skills.
- An interest to work in laboratory setups and environment.
- Fluent in English and preferably in Swedish.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.